Monday, August 25, 2008

Diagnosis

Ok so I haven’t blogged in awhile since I started this blog. Mainly because I haven’t been at a computer in about a week and a half for any length of time. I have been sick...and without giving TMI basically I have been diagnosed with condition called interstitial cystitis….an autoimmune disease of the bladder. This diagnosis has explained so much about the past year and a half…mainly why I have been so sick. I’m not going to lie…it definitely is a scary diagnosis to me especially since it’s something the medical community doesn’t fully understand and there is no cure. But I have a great doctor and she is trying to do everything possible to guide me though this…and then of course I am in the hands of the ultimate Healer..the Great I Am. You have no idea how much I have taken comfort in that over the past week. But thankfully I am starting to feel a lot better. Sunday was my best day by far from the past week. I was able to go ride Mr. Magoo (Praise!) and I made it to church too (another Praise!). Mike and I served on the Welcome Team together and greeted people at the front door for the 5 o’clock service at church on Sunday. You can only imagine how serving in this capacity totally hits home for Mike’s personality….and we had a great time serving together. So as I am coming out of this “IC flare” as they call it…I am choosing to remain optimistic that better days are ahead!

1 comment:

Sarah Sherman said...

Brooke,
You are in our thoughts and prayers as you navigate through this diagnosis of this new health condition. Much Love- Sarah