Friday, August 29, 2008

Ode to Shining Stars

I was going through old computer files today and I found this poem I had written right after we had to put down the dogs that my brother and I grew up with...Shiner and Clara. I have been so blessed to have lots of animals in my life growing up over the years. Max and Katie were my parents dogs when I was born. Then we got Shiner and Clara towards the end of Katie's life. And of course I have so many cherished memories with my pony, Revision. Revision was my Christmas present from "Santa" when I was in the fourth grade. To this day that is my most fond Christmas memory I have as a child growing up. I mean what little girl doesn't want to wake up to find a note under the Christmas tree that Santa had given her a pony. It was awesome. Little did Santa know that Revision would live until I was a Junior in college :) So this is a little poem about the animals in my life whom I miss dearly.

Ode to Shining Stars

In Remembrance of the wonderful animals of my life
Max, Katie, Revision, Clara, and Shiner

You knew me as a young one
Always so patient and kind
What more could a child ask for
But for the love you gave every time

So many years we spent together
Outside rain or shine
You always were there for me
Time after Time

I will miss you all the days of my life
Always a shining star in my mind
You gave me so much joy
I so wish we had more time

As you rest yourself in God’s good hands
I thank Him all the time
He gave me all those years with you
Now rest in peace you blessed beast

No comments: