Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Obsessed.....


Obsessed....yes I'm obsessed with the "teeny bop" Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I'm reading the fourth and final book in the series Breaking Dawn right now. I would be finished already if work didn't get in the way. I seriously take this book everywhere hoping for a few minutes to read in between the daily life things. I always love to read - and I always have a book in my bag. But it has been awhile since a book or series had me so caught up - so obsessed. Probably the last series was Harry Potter. But I don't think I was even this crazy over Harry Potter. Just ask my hubby - he can tell you. I had about a 30 minute conversation with a co-workers kiddo who is in the 6th grade about the series. She told me that it's all anyone talks about in school. Which is kinda crazy that a book can get the young teeny bops going all the way through their "old teachers" - aka my moms age group. She said the kids and teachers talk about them non-stop. Who would have thunk a love story dealing with vampires and werewolves would be the rage! Now I just need to find out how this all ends so I can start sleeping again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well well well. Brook is an official blogger now. Interesting, although you forgot 2 hamsters. And for the record I am proud that Homer nipped Greta and put her in her place. HAHA. Anyways Im posting here because I tried to see what you liked so much in this series and the movie Twilight, but I have to say from a mans point of view, these stories are not, "the greatest lovr story ever told"(I will not mention who uttered these words), but these stories are pointless dribble. Let me some it up for you. Vampire smells girl, vampire wants to eat girl, girl becomes obsessed with vampire and every other sentence in the book talks about his face and is weird, vampire stalks girl, girl is accident prone, vampire tells her he wants to kill and devour her, he does not, therefore she girl falls in love. Next time I am in a bar, I am going to stroll up to the first girl I see and proclaim I am indeed a vampire and that her scent is intoxicating and that I am tempted to suck her dry. But i value her friendship and companionship so I will give her piggyback rides on steroids instead of eating her. Ill tell you how it ends.
Your brother,
Ryan