Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fun Times at Katy Horse Show









Most of you know that I disappear most weekends to go ride my horse Mr. Magoo. This last weekend we went to a horse show in Katy. It was a blast!!! Magoo was good boy – really proud of his 1st place win in an over fences class with 20 horses in it. And he placed 8th in the hack against 17 horses – huge deal for us!!! There were of course a couple of blooper moments. My old trusty horse decided he was going to act like a 5 year old in my second over fences class on Saturday and became a wild man. Liza (trainer) asked someone to please remind Magoo of his age when we came out of the class – it was kind of a catch 22 though – even though he totally tried to run away with me – I was happy because it showed he was really feeling his oats and having way too much fun in the show ring. That makes me excited and happy he still loves his job so much after all these years!!! Overall – the weekend was a great success – and most importantly – I had a ton of fun. Back when I was younger – if I didn’t win – I don’t think you would have heard the words “I had fun” come out of my mouth unless I was going home with a blue ribbon. Now, I just feel so blessed to be at a horse show with Mr. Magoo – the first place ribbons are icing on the cake. Shout out to Christian and Tonic who took home a first place ribbon in the Adult Jumpers on Saturday!!





No comments: