Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Heart McD’s Coffee

If you know me well you know how much I love coffee. I can’t always drink it but when I can drink it I’m pretty happy about it and it better be good :) I also have a dear affection for Starbucks. I was a rather frequent visitor in college and unfortunately I think a lot of my extra spending money went to my luxury coffee habit. However, I have found a grand substitute. One that is so good I hardly ever buy coffee from Starbucks anymore unless it is a specialty coffee like an Americano or Mocha. I have found what I love the most about Starbucks is the atmosphere….and I can relish in the atomosphere without breaking the bank by just sitting and reading my book sans pricey coffee. Although once it gets cold I really love mochas and it might be harder to bypass Starbucks. But back to the point. The wonderful coffee substitute I have discovered is McDonald’s regular coffee and iced coffees. I can get a small coffee for $1.18! Yes I know…back in the day you could get it for $.50 or whatever or I could make it at home…but I don’t. I have been so blown away by the yumminess of McD’s coffee. I actually now like their regular coffee better than Starbucks daily brewed coffee. I know it’s heresy but it’s true! I think it’s because McD’s is not as strong and I can’t handle Starbuck’s strength anymore. Oh and the iced coffees are delish! I strongly recommend the vanilla iced coffee. So if you are looking for a Starbucks substitute with all the taste without the price…try McD’s…you just might be surprised!

No comments: