Thursday, March 11, 2010

“No one really ever wins in heartbreak warfare.”

This past Monday I was sitting at my desk after lunch when I remembered John Mayer was playing at the Erwin Center in only a few short hours away. I thought, what the heck, I should search online to see if any tickets are still available. So I went online to the Texas Box Office and did a little search for best available tickets and the words FLOOR pop up on my screen. I sat stunned for about 20 seconds just staring at the screen. Then I begin furiously looking for my credit card all while trying not to scream my head off in my office. All I could think was I was going to get to see John Mayer from the floor….for box office price! Lord have mercy! My friend Nicole from the barn (a fellow John Mayer enthusiast) was my date to the show. To sum it up in one word the show was AMAZING! We had a blast. He opened with Heartbreak Warfare which is one of my faves. Why Georgia brought the house down. And a dude proposed to his girlfriend during Gravity. Sweet. I was really hoping he would play Edge of Desire but no such luck. That’s ok. I’ll always remember the show. Oh and did I mention that I also came down laryngitis the day before the show? Yeah that did not stop this chick from singing her heart out and dancing her bootie off!





No comments: