Friday, March 12, 2010

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words…….

What girl doesn’t like to get her hair and make up done and then take some fun pictures? My thoughts exactly! So when the stars aligned just right I jumped at the chance to work with the amazingly talented Atlanta, GA photographer Christi Dillon. Christi is a good family friend of my cousins who live in Georgia. I had seen the family portraits she had done for my cousin Catherine and I fell head over heels for her work. I had planned a trip to Atlanta for a family wedding and Christi had the Sunday afternoon available after the wedding for the photo shoot which worked out perfectly. The dynamic duo (my cousins Cath and Liz) did a fabulous job as my personal hair and make up stylists. Then we loaded up in Christi’s van and headed out to a posh polo farm outside of Atlanta. We stopped at two other sites as well: a closed down ancient looking oil refinery and the old warehouse district of Canton, GA. All of the sites Christi chose for the shoot were so incredibly creative. I haven’t had that much fun in a very long time. Something about getting all dressed up for the camera just makes a girl feel good. The first time I saw the preview of the photo shoot I was speechless. I posted couple of my favorites below. Christi’s work speaks for itself. She is talented beyond words. You can view her website at http://agatheringofdays.com/




































No comments: